Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I promised!



Well the project started quite well, as you can see in the top photo. Nice bead and I think I did a pretty good job of smoothing it out, looks nearly like I did it on purpose. Things got a bit rough behind the sink. The faucet caught my wrist and I start getting uneven in my pressure. The bead went wide and really its pretty amateur but I did not have the energy last night to scrap the line and start over. Behind the sink was my initial problem area anyway and my guess is this will be good practice for 2 months from now when I have to redo it anyway.

The worst thing about caulking is corners. I know I am no Bob Vila but the corner you see here I am pretty embarrassed about. I will keep working on it. I have to do the master bath tub soon, maybe my technique will improve. Maybe I will hire someone to come do it...

No comments: