Friday, December 01, 2006

This is what can


happen to your happy office space if you spend all of your free hours playing WoW or, in the case of this sad photo, EQ. Not only was I running 3 computer simultaneously to maximize my efficiency while playing/farming, note the fine stacking of multiple snack containers as well as the loose organization of the overflow food area. I tell you, multi tasking is a breeze at work after the hardcore training I put myself through with days of uninterrupted dragon slaying and gear chasing. While it is undoubtedly a sinfully selfish waste of time, I do enjoy the computer games. I have had to wean myself from them though,as the demands of parenthood and work have grown both more demanding and rewarding.

While I do not play nearly as often as I did, reading Goodnight Moon takes more time than one might imagine, I still get to log on occasionally and raid the wasted lands with a few of my fellow heroes. My office has not looked like this for years, instead the tornado has moved to my kitchen, living room, backyard, and den as my daughter roams the house leaving destruction in her wake. I wonder who taught her to make such a mess?

No comments: