Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Early to bed...

I was not. I was however, extremely early to rise and to work. It seems I did not have to be here today until after 2pm though I badged in at 830am. Oh well, I am sure I have things to catch up on, like blogging.

Could Christmas be bearing down on us any faster? I sat down and composed my list of people to shop for yesterday and was astonished to find that family alone put me at 28! Of course I still have to dream up something that will sweep Jen off of her feet as she gets to celebrate the birth of her favorite savior and the birth of Jesus in the same week. Poor kid, don't tell her she is old. This ones an early present chica.


Routine -

He rolled over blind
the sounds of the screaming black box
a mosh pit in his head.

Feeling for the crystal blue button
pulsing in concert with his temples
facilitates a short lived reprieve.

His daily drive past the
pushers and the pimps a twisting
trail of hot asphalt. Slick and sticky

The coach operates itself
The road essentially etched with
The tread of our lives.

Passing, as always, the hoping
probing hands. Begging eyes
set in vacant lots.

This crawling commute, interminably
delayed, veins of traffic vie...
in vain. in a rush to begin.

There is some bad imagery for ya. Every time you get an email dogging your writing reply back with a link to this and show them bad writing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not that old! Plus, you are right behind me. Nice poem, though.